How to Earn Money from Blogging in Nigeria in 2021
Nigeria Blogging industry is booming by day as we have more younger generation wanting to go into blogging and earn a living for themselves, Blogging is one carrier that makes people self-sufficient and undependable, all you need to start as a blogger is having your working tool (laptop, electricity supply, internet connection and camera if needed) and basic knowledge of blogging.
Since blogging is the art of selling written information to the required audience in exchange for something (the something may include, making money while people read your information or seeking to promote yourself or your product?)I will say, making bloggers most especially the newbie bloggers is finding it hard to make money from their blog.
So in this article, I will be showing you how you can monetize your blog and make money with them, in this point I will want you to pay attentively and follow instructions as I list them for you, Note: Making money from a blog has to deal with patience and working hard and smart to make it, it is never easy this day like it used to be other times, this is because the more people troop into blogging the more competing it is and likely difficult, so you must but your determination and see blogging as your career to build on, that is when you will see the success of your work.
Tips on how to monetize Your Blog
- Monetize your blog using Ads networks like Google AdSense, Adserra, Mgip ads, and others.
- Monetize your blogging by promoting affiliate product or services
- Monetize your blog by opening up from direct advertisement from brands or individual
Monetizing Your Blog Using Ads Network
This is one generally use method bloggers earn a from their blogs, ads network has to deal with signing up with ads programs such as Google AdSense, Adsterra, Mgid, and others and inserting their code to show their ads paid by advertisers, with this they share profit with you by using your platform to promote advertisement paid by their advert partners, such partner can be brands or individual wanting to promote their business and services.
So one of the commonly used ads network program paying fine is the Google Adsense program, own by Google Inc, Google AdSense program paid its publishers (Bloggers and YouTube channel owners) through a term known as pay per click( PPC)and pay per view (PPV), meaning you get paid when a user views your page where the ads show and also get paid when the same user clicks on the ads present in the page.
Some terms determine your high earning with the Google AdSense program, these terms are known as CPC, CTR, and RPM, they determine how you earn from every cent or dollars from AdSense, and also your views matter the most.
- CPC in Adsense means (Cost Per Click): Your CPC ratio determines how you will earn from every click gotten from your ads, Google Adsense divides your page view from your CPC ratio to give your AdSense earning.for more information on CPC and how to increase it for higher-earning click on this link: Read More.
- CTR in Adsense means; Click-through rate
- RPM means: Reach per miles.
So to earn meaningfully from AdSense you must generate at least 5k traffic and good rate CPC, learn also:
How to generate massive traffic to your blog.
Monetizing Your Blog By Promoting Affiliate Product or Services
Affiliate programs are a marketing and commission base program, in another word you help brands or an online store in marketing their product on your blogging platform and when a user is interested in the product or services they click the link you attached, which will redirect them to the landing page of the product or service, and if the user makes a purchase of the product or service you earn a commission from it.
This one unique way of earning which many bloggers are failing to see and understand, through an affiliate program you can earn much because you are promoting what relates to the content of your blog and people in search of that content get to make a purchase using your link which will earn you passive income.
Tips your need to know signing up for an affiliate program
- First, you need to understand your niche
- Signup with an affiliate program related to your niche or the content of your blog
- Make a research on product and service selling most in a geographical area
- Research on product keywords (for a newbie blog please make sure you go for lesser keywords because it will be difficult to compete with old-time bloggers)
Write on the product using the keyword selected (Your write-up should be convincing and compelling, s as to trigger the user to buy the product)
Paste the link or ads on the content where eyes can see, so that users can purchase through your link.
Monetize Your Blog By Opening Up For Direct Advertisement From Brands or Individual
This method is mostly neglected by many Nigerians Bloggers, all they know is getting a Google AdSense approval, do you know you can earn a lot of money from direct ad placement or sponsor posts by big brands and individuals, Ooh yes! It is much possible to earn big from a direct advert, this is what big-time bloggers are doing in the person of Linda Ikeji , Bella Naija, Naija Loaded.com and so much to say, a blogger like Linda Ikeji earn about 20 million nairas a month if not more than that, her front banner ads should cost about 1 million nairas and may vary from monthly payment basis, plus other formats of banners and guess post she received from different brand.
You may ask if this can only be achieved by big bloggers. No as a newbie you can also achieve getting a direct advert from brand and individual if you follow these tips.
Tips to get direct Advertisement from Brands and Individual
- Find a Niche you know best
- Write great contents and convincing free from copyright
- Optimize your blog for massive traffic (This is the first requirement brand or individual look for)
- Make sure your blog is achieving Alexa ranking (brands and individual also use this as a yardstick)
- Have a good number of social media followers from Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram(minimum followers should be around 15k followers)
- Lastly, you can reach out to some brands related to your niche, to create awareness of how effective is your blog to promote and make sales for their product and services.
You May Also Want To Read:Best Foreign Hosting Company for Nigerians Blogger( 2021 Update)
As state in all of this article, one most important thing in monetizing your blog for earning has to do with improving your blog traffic, you may want to learn how to improve your blog traffic using this link.